Just two to five hours’ flying time from major cities in the United States, and with new direct routes from Canada, it’s both easy and affordable to get to Belize from gateway cities in North America.
- American Airlines currently offers non-stop service from Los Angeles (LAX), Miami, Charlotte, North Carolina (CLT), and Dallas Ft-Worth. From Miami, flying time is about two hours, from Dallas three hours, from Charlotte about three and a half hours, and approximately five hours from Los Angeles.
- Air Canada offers weekly flights to Belize City from Toronto and Calgary in the winter months. Snow birds will love the convenience of escaping the cold and coming to the warm tropics on this new route.
- United Airlines has non-stop flights to Belize City from Houston (IAH), Newark, and Chicago (O’Hare). Flights from Houston take off twice a day and flying time is about two hours. Weekly service from Newark takes about six hours to arrive in Belize and from Chicago the flying time is about four hours.
- Delta Airlines currently features non-stop service from both Atlanta and Los Angeles to Belize City following different seasonal schedules. The flying time from Los Angeles is about five hours and from Atlanta it takes about three hours to arrive in Belize, and Fort Lauderdale, a two and half hour flight to Belize.
- Southwest currently features non-stop service from Houston (Hobby) with a flying time of about two hours. Southwest also has non-stop service from Denver, which takes approximately four hours to arrive in Belize, and from Fort Lauderdale, a two and half hour flight to Belize.
- WestJet Airlines and Air Canada operate non-stop flights from Toronto (Canada) and Calgary to Belize City, These flights are offered in the winter months only.
- Avianca Airlines operates regular flights between San Salvador (El Salvador) to Belize City, popular with travelers connecting to other destinations in Central and South America, including Mexico. The flying time between San Salvador and Belize City is approximately 60 minutes.
- COPA Airlines currently has non-stop flights between Panama City (Panama) and Belize City several times a week. These flights last approximately two and a half hours.
- Tropic Air, a domestic air carrier in Belize, also operates international routes between Cancun (Mexico), Merida (Mexico), the island of Roatan (Honduras), San Pedro Sula (Guatemala) and Flores (Guatemala). Flying time between Belize City and destinations in Guatemala or Honduras are approximately 60 minutes while connections to destinations in Mexico have a flying time of approximately one hour and a half. We are Tropic Air agents and can book your local island hopper flight to Placencia for you worry free! We also offer free shuttle service from the Placencia Airstrip to Los Porticos.